Recap of things:
- I am drowning in school work. Namely, in papers. Why oh why did I choose to be a History major.
- I’ve also gotten in the nasty habit of writing papers the day they are due, because I can.
- I started watching Mozart in the Jungle. It’s a little over the top (okay, it’s very over the top), but it’s the perfect guilty pleasure TV show. There are so many references to classical music and the classical music world, I can’t even. Also, Rodrigo.
- Vilas is slowly coming into radar again! If all goes as planned we’ll get dinner on Sunday and go dancing. Honestly don’t know how he’s been able to do it all.
- NOOR AND I ARE HOSTING ‘RAVE IN THE CAVE’ THIS FRIDAY.
- Foxfield is on Saturday *groan*. I’m being forced to go by IRO since I’m Director of Alumni Relations.
- Lucas and I went to go see the Charlottesville Symphony Orchestra this past Sunday. They played Wagner’s Prelude to Die Meistersinger, Beethoven’s Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major, and Elgar’s Enigma Variations. I swear, going into these concert halls is going to see an endless sea of white hair. It was like every nursing/retirement home in Charlottesville decided to be there. Nonetheless, it was a real treat. Afterwards Lucas took me to a place called Barbeque Exchange in Gordonsville, VA.
- OHMYGOD that was such good barbecue, I still have dreams about it. It’s a bit of a drive, but it’s definitely worth checking out.
- I have no idea what I’m doing this summer. It’s fine. Everything’s fine.