- Woah. It’s been a while since I’ve posted!
- So I did end up going to &MUN after all. My mom’s kidney stone passed on Thursday morning, so Adrien picked me up at around 2 p.m. and we headed to Williamsburg.
- A brief recap of the weekend:
- My committee itself – The East India Company – was quite interesting. Far more interesting than the African National Congress GA I was in for NCSC. For starters, it was a crisis committee, so it was much smaller. And I loved talking about British India. That being said, having spent SIXTEEN hours in the course of a weekend talking about the EIC was really excessive for me, which is why I’m not so sure as to how much of a MUN person I really am. At the end of the day it really is a game of pretend.
- That being said, the social aspect of it was not nearly as fun. Part of it probably had to do with the group of people, and part of it was just the atmosphere of William & Mary and the place we were in (our hotel was in the middle of nowhere). We didn’t have any particularly crazy or super late nights like we did at NCSC.
- I did catch up with Sanjana though, which was awesome! She is taking her MCAT on June 2. My goodness we are all growing up so fast.
- Also Charith was staffing my committee!!
- I was pretty disappointed I didn’t get any awards, but I think I still learned a lot from my first crisis committee. I also became friends with Kenny, and got to know Leah, Tes, and Meghan better.
- Right now life is in that sweet spot right before finals when I don’t have that much “work” so to speak, just a lot of reading to catch up on. Like a LOT.